Investing in walnuts – The Essentials

2 minutes reading
Investing in walnuts

Walnut farming is a complex process and, it demands years of knowledge and expertise to be successful. Here are a few quick and fun facts that every beginner needs to know when considering investing in walnuts.


The Latin name for the walnut tree genus is “Juglans” which when translated into English means “Jupiter’s nut”. The majority of walnut tree species are monoecious (self-pollinating), meaning that a single tree contains both male and female flowers and can produce nuts by itself. Nevertheless, walnut yield is highest when different cultivars are planted in tight batches.

Pollination and tree variety

Although walnut trees are self-pollinating, some walnut trees produce more pollen than others. When planning a walnut orchard, it is essential that one picks the right combination of walnut varieties. Choosing the right ratio of species is important for a number of reasons. In order to uphold a healthy walnut farm and produce maximum yield, a walnut plantation must have two or more different walnut species.

Market placement

When you consider investing in walnuts, you must be aware of market conditions. Wholesalers look for producers that have walnut yields encompassing a minimum of 90% of one specific walnut species. Meaning that planting an equal amount of different species would be very detrimental to product placement. There needs to be one predominant sort (90%), and the rest (10%) can differ. This ensures maximum price and profit when going to market.


Different varieties of walnut trees begin to flower at different periods of the year. If you are looking to invest in walnuts, It is important to pick walnut species that flower at the same time thus ensuring maximum yields and profits.


Depending on the place of origin, every walnut species has different climate requirements. When choosing what walnut sort you are going to plant, it is of utmost importance that you pick species that are suited for the climate of your region. This can be the differentiating factor between having a successful and non-successful plantation.

These are only some of the factors that one must consider before investing in a walnut plantation. Luckily The Walnut Fund has a team of walnut experts with years of experience ready to make every walnut plantation a success! Investing in walnuts was never this easy!

4 thoughts on “Investing in walnuts – The Essentials

  • דירות דיסקרטיות בירושלים

    Good post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon everyday. Its always interesting to read articles from other authors and practice something from other sites.

  • נערת ליווי

    Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article! Its the little changes that will make the largest changes. Many thanks for sharing!

  • דירות דיסקרטיות במרכז

    Im very happy to uncover this great site. I need to to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you book marked to see new things in your blog.

    • Damjan Radojević

      Thank you! Please, feel free to contact us via our contact page if you have any questions! Or you can check our YouTube Facebook LinkedIn or Instagram

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *